/dist/images/branding/favicon

iPhone XS + moment lens

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Kevin P Riley, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

anyone tried their moment iPhone X case on the IPhone XS? Does it fit? Do the lenses match up?

I’m a moment of weakness I upgraded, but the phone won’t be here for a week or two, need to know if I need to order a new case from moment.

2. Rorick Edge

Rorick Edge Active Member

Hi Kevin,

Moment has addressed this on its web site.

On the camera case order page, the XS is a separate item with a shipping date of mid-November: https://www.shopmoment.com/shop/photo-case/iphone-xs/black-canvas

The page contains this statement:

Note: While our existing iPhone X cases are usable with the new iPhone Xs, due to the raised camera sensor there is some image degradation. Thus, unless you're in a rush, we'd recommend pre-ordering our cases made specifically for the iPhone Xs.
    Yesterday, Moment uploaded a 12 minute comparison between the iPhone X and Xs. The issue with the case probably explains why Moment did not use any of its own lenses in the comparison:

#2 Rorick Edge, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  3. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

Thanks Rorick, I guess I didn’t look hard enough on their website. They are not shipping until mid November according to my receipt, although the purchase page says they are available now. Hmmmmmmm. At any rate I pre-ordered one. I’ll just have to keep my iPhone X available when I want to use my wide or anamorphic lens until mid November.

#3 Kevin P Riley, Sep 22, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    Rorick Edge likes this.