/dist/images/branding/favicon

iPhone App and mount for checking vibration

Discussion in 'CineStar FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Colin Snow, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Tim Joy

Tim Joy Active Member

Sounds good Colin. Easier to switch booms with your mounting method. I was planning to use the camera plate from the CS gimbal.

Andy, my thinking was that since they would all be strapped down the same way it would be a relative reading. And the strap only restricts Z axis movement a little. Maybe using a bungee cord or foam around the boom would let it have some give. Although I'm wary of using anything less secure because my motors put out a lot of thrust. Not a fan of hanger crashes. :)

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Tim: Yeah, I think a quick experiment would tell us whether or not the hold-down strap being in-board or out-board of the iPhone makes any difference. You could also have second backup strap outboard near the motor, but hanging loose. As you say, hangar crashes or ceiling parking are Bad Things.

Andy.

3. Pavlos Antoniou

Hey andy did you take measurements??

Thx..!!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Not yet. I'm in the middle of a DVD production, so may take a few more days -- plus pretty much solid rain here. Every day!

Andy.

5. Pavlos Antoniou

OK thank you Andy.. SOmeelse that can post his measurements??