/dist/images/branding/favicon

INSURANCE options for Complete MōVI Package

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Kyler Zee, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Kyler Zee

Kyler Zee New Member

Hi folks,

I'm about to fly across the country with my Movi and I wanted to quickly get an insurance policy for it before it makes such a substantial trip. My package includes an M10, wireless transmitters, monitors, and a wireless FF, and often a 5D, so it ends up being a good amount of gear.

Since I'm planing on renting it out commercially (with only me as the operator) I'm not sure whether to get a separate commercial policy, something like an inland marine policy, or to simply add it to my existing home rental policy. What have you guys done to insure your package?

Thanks for your help! I found this article from 2007 that seemed to be pretty comprehensive, but I still find myself unsure about what's the best option. http://norbertwu.blogspot.com/2007/07/insuring-your-camera-gear.html

Cheers,
    Kyler

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Kyler you might want to look at the reduser.net website. Search on insurance. There is a stick there with a list of insurance companies/agents that should have what you want. Doubt that your homeowners policy is going to cover commercial business use. Call your home owner agent and see what they say.

3. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

I was looking for that and can't find it as I am also looking for insurance for my scarlet.

4. Adolfo Cantu-Villarreal

Kyler,

We use www.businessinsurancenow.com, they are a web-based insurance agency, once you tell them what you need insured, they give you insurance options with different companies. For example our policy, which came from The Hartford Insurance, covers all our gear, plus rentals (you can set a $ number here) and we have liability insurance for up to $2 million, which is pretty standard for major clients and locations. To me it's affordable for what we get, and for the peace of mind when working. We've had them for 3 years and they're always very quick to respond to any questions we get about our policy.