/dist/images/branding/favicon

Incomplete Toad in the Hole Mount (pictures)

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by David Maynard, Dec 24, 2021.

1. David Maynard

David Maynard New Member

I have two Movi rings, I don't know if they are Ring Pro or something else. One of the Toad male mount parts is missing the metal bit that provides the safety latch and I'm not sure what else. The toad in the hole quick release part connects to it fine, and the gimbal operates properly, but without the metal bit on the end that gives it a safety latch, I'm afraid to use it.

Does anyone know what that metal bit is called, or how I can find a replacement?

PXL_20211224_231950489.jpg Mount with metal bit on the bottom

PXL_20211224_232011319.jpg Mount without metal bit

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I’d suggest that you send an email to open up a support ticket (support@freeflysystems.com) — or you can do it on-line: https://freeflysystems.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Please post the resolution to the problem so that others can learn what the answer was!

Thanks

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. David Maynard

David Maynard New Member

Will do. Submitted ticket just now.

4. David Maynard

David Maynard New Member

The metal bit is called a strike plate and it's not an in stock part for Freefly. They were nice enough to scavenge one from a salvage ring and sell it to me. The only other option to replace this part on a ring would seem to be to buy a male toad and pull the strike plate from there.