/dist/images/branding/favicon

Identifying Freefly motor

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by mathewfarrell, Sep 30, 2016.

1. mathewfarrell

mathewfarrell Member

Hi all

The Cinestar 8 I have in front of me still has its 'stock motors', for as much as there's such a thing.

I can't find any branding or markings on them at all, but research compels me to think they're Freefly branded FFS-3328. Can anyone give me any clues how to confirm this? While I'm at it, they look identical to the QC-3328 to me (except for the laser etching on the QC motor). Again, can anyone confirm of deny this - at least as far as compatibility goes (ie mixing the two models).

2. Jonny Lee

Jonny Lee New Member

The actual specs may be different from the Tiger MT2814-11 - KV 710 but I've mixed and matched w/ the QC motors and have not seen any difference in performance.

3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

hey Matt post a pic of the motor we can better identify it

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm pretty sure that the FF-3328 and QC-3328's are the same motor. I'm also pretty sure that Jonny's comment about the Tiger MT2814-11 - KV 710 is also correct. It's what we call "badge engineering." :rolleyes:

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. mathewfarrell

mathewfarrell Member

Hey crew,
    Sorry I missed your responses. FWIW, I did have FF-3328, and do believe they are the same as the QC-3328 as suggested above. I managed to find a direct replacement.
    The whole exercise into "what the numbers are supposed to mean" was a bit of an eye-roller.