/dist/images/branding/favicon

I killed a Freefly servo

Discussion in 'Camera Mount Misc' started by Nick Wolcott, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm also using the Smart OSD. It does a good job and I haven't been doing the recent updates. Updates for a long time were a bit challenging as they went through growing pains.

Just started a rebuild to try Hoverfly with Castle Phonenix 50 ESC's. BL temps were always on the high side and many times right at 100c in the summertime. HF has an OSD on their GPS board but it is probably std video. Don't think I have ever seen an HD output. The challenge for HD is probably more a factor of camera and transmitter than the OSD board. I've seen discussions on things like the Terradek (?) and at multiple thousands of $$$ don't need HD THAT badly.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, the Teradek Cube I think it's called. It's way too spendy for FPV. The Smart OSD current version (is it 3.28?) seems to work fine. The previous version would hang the SOSD if you tried to display the BL temperatures....a definite "Feechur."

Andy.

3. Philip Ellerbroek

Andy,

Problem solved: http://www.vuzixtdg.com/

However, retail is $3k..... problem NOT solved. Amazing the price jump with what is really a a Vuzix 1200 pair cut in half, then attached to some Oakley glasses. Well, thats what happens when selling to the military!

Phil

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Oakley glasses are really expensive, though! :rolleyes:

Andy.