/dist/images/branding/favicon

I feel like the new kid at school...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Gary Kaplan, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Gary Kaplan

Gary Kaplan New Member

standing up in front of the class on his first day. :)

Hi everyone. My name is Gary. I am entirely new to the aerial video thing, but not new to R/C. I fly 3D collective pitch Heli's and really fast airplanes and jets (125~175MPH+) with the Palomar R/C Flyers in San Diego, Ca.
    http://www.palomarrcflyers.org/

(In my humble opinion), I am a damn good R/C pilot. :rolleyes: 3D collective pitch Heli's took me a while to actual fly (as opposed to just hovering in different orientations) so in the meantime I decided to try going really fast with planes. Now, my call-sign in the club is "Scary" Gary because there's nothing like the sound of a 150MPH+ plane going low and fast over the runway!!

My background in electrical engineering might have made picking up the finer points of R/C system tech (RF/motor/ESC/prop, etc.) and its application a little easier for me than others but I know ZERO about aerial photo/video/cinematography! I am happy to share any experience and info I have picked up along the way. Just ask. I hope you guys will in turn share with me what you know about the art of getting the right shot.

I recently discovered the CineStar-8 and 3-axis gimble and now its all I think about. Now I find myself having to hurry up and wait for the 8-HL and Synapse to come out so I can dive in. Crap! Hurry up you guys!!!

Cheers,
    Gary

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Well, we've already seen your intellectual handiwork Gary....but belated welcome.
    150 MPH? Holy crap (to use a technical term).

I'll be interested to hear what you think of flying multi-rotor copters. :)

Andy.

3. Gary Kaplan

Gary Kaplan New Member

Andy,

Thanks. I already fly a quad at home...in my living room. ;) This little thing does loops and rolls! LOL Now all I need is something BIGGER, much bigger!
    Ethos.jpg