/dist/images/branding/favicon

I don't get it...why so long for iOS config?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Adam Brennan, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

I know freefly says Apple has to approve their app if any and that is why they don't have it. I know of 3 start up companies as of 6 months ago that have their app approved by Apple. Why is FreeFly's taking over a year or more to get up? Thoughts?

2. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

My thought is that freefly lost interest due to the high competition.

3. Phil Macdonald

I dont understand that logic.....you think Freefly have lost interest in the MoVI as a whole because of competition?

4. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Freefly can you answer?

5. Wolfgang Armin

Wolfgang Armin Active Member

Freefly has the most expensive product on the market, even though they changed their price policy. Competitors are coming from China etc. and can produce much cheaper. Therefore they need to offer something unique - which they don´t do at the moment. There isn´t much news about anything lately. No new accessories, no updates, no nothing, not even an iOS app, that was promised ages ago. That is rather strange. I would have expected a really small device for cameras like the Sony A7s or similar. Something you can easily hold in one hand. Maybe even for goPro. There is a need for such things out there, and that need will be covered. If not by freefly, then by others. But Freefly as a market leader should be the first to introduce those devices in order to have their customer base move somewhere else.
    So I think they realized that the good days for these kind of devices and pricepoints is gone - time to move on.

Also they somehow lost the support of some of their early adopters, which seem to be pretty important for a device like this. Not much talking about the MoVI anywhere. Too bad!

6. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

No disrespect, but I don't know if I would agree totally with what you said. The way I think is to have quality first. So you may not be the first to come to the market with a product, but be the first to have it right. With that being said, the iOS app should be out as said. I am tired of android products not working or battery life is nothing for all day shoots where you need a device to calibrate. I know my iPhone or iPad will last easily all day.

7. Mitch Bligh

Mitch Bligh Member

I think the lack of response from Freefly says it all!