/dist/images/branding/favicon

How to get portrait to landscape roll with controller while mimic controls pan and tilt

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Arun Ramachandran, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Arun Ramachandran

Arun Ramachandran New Member

Hey,

I tried to map roll to focus knob on controller and active mimic on controller and tried to do a portrait to landscape roll but it seems to have the same roll limitations as the previous app version.
    I was able to achieve this shot with only the controller where pan and tilt are mapped to the joystick. But my DP wants to control pan and tilt on the mimic while I roll using the controller.

Also im not able to map roll to controller and do pan plus tilt on the actual mimic. (Incase this thread already exists please so share the link)

Regards

2. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

For 360 roll from MōVI Controller:
    • Make sure MōVI Controller is updated v4.0
    • Enable 360 roll on MōVI. You can do this on majestic screen on the app, or by going to Axis screen on the MōVI, then enabling 360 roll by press and hold
    • On the MōVI Controller map your roll axis to Zoom (360).
    • Note that if you are trying to do roll shots with 360 roll off, you would want Zoom (Rate)

• Unfortunately this combo is not currently available.
    • Main option I can think of is to map roll axis to one of the axis of Pilot. Then you can use another MIMIC for pan+tilt, or use MōVI Controller in MIMIC mode for pan+tilt.
    • Another option is to use Wheels as the roll axis

3. Arun Ramachandran

Arun Ramachandran New Member

I have to test the bush pilot , however i did manage this particular shot by mounting the mimic such that tilt became roll and pan was pan on the mimic as tilt could be managed by changing the gimbal's height, but i really wanted to know if this would be provided in the stable update because in India most DPs who are from bollywood are not comfortable with a joystick and like the idea of mimic on tripod. so this option would really open doors to many new possibilities if it is enabled... also i dont see the roll/tilt snap option on my phone app like Tab did in the YT live, not sure if its just me..i only see it on the controller, any clarity on the same would be helpful.

Regards