/dist/images/branding/favicon

How Many MōVI Pro Batts?

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Joshua Coté, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Joshua Coté

Joshua Coté Member

So now that several of you guys have taken your MōVI Pros out on shoots, I was wondering how many batteries you find yourself needing for a day of shooting? If you're charging throughout the day, is 8 batts enough to keep things running without delay for 12 hours?

Do different cameras/accessories seems to require faster battery swaps?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Good question. I have 12 batteries and 6 chargers. It's overkill if you can plug in all day, but if I had to go away from power for a while, it's nice.

Different camera setups will use the batteries at different rates, obviously. For RED and Arri Mini, I'm drawing a lot of power because I'm powering camera through the Movi. For Canon and Sony, I'm using camera batteries and letting the Movi power the accessories, so the batteries last a bit longer. Also depends on if you're leaving the gimbal on for a long time, or shutting it down for periods of time.

If I could plug the chargers into power all day, I'd say 8 batteries and 4 chargers would be comfortable.

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT likes this.
  3. Rob Ruscher

Rob Ruscher Member

I did 6 with 3 chargers. I wanted to test the waters before over buying. I see myself ending up with 8 batteries and 4 chargers as I mostly shoot on the Alexa mini and Red

4. SeBaStIaN BArrEtT

SeBaStIaN BArrEtT Active Member

11 batts 3 chargers. . .
    +1 for over 10 if you shoot in field a lot or leave it powered on (i was practicing switching it between alta yesterday, took a few mins a powering down would be annoying)