/dist/images/branding/favicon

How close is too close

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ben Hall, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Ben Hall

Ben Hall New Member

My sister was in Portugal. Hotel was Luna Clube oceano just sitting by the pool when she saw this . She videos it cause she knows am in to multirotors . What she saw was a skyjib with cinestar gimbal . So I would say a good weight and strong motors and big props . To me flown with no regard for safety . As it flew right above her head at literally only feet above . She said it made her hair blow all over and her flip flip blow off her sun lounger

Will post the footage soon as its not allowing me to directly from my iPhone

2. Ben Hall

Ben Hall New Member

3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

who was flying that thing?? OMG!!:eek:

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Time for practicing towel tossing. What an idiot. Throw a towel at it while it is over the pool and when someone gets upset say "I thought it was a giant alien and didn't know what else to do. So sorry...."

5. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

New term: RCtard.

6. Ben Hall

Ben Hall New Member

I don't know who was flying and I only seen the video on my phone so can't even pick out a pilot in the video . I suspect it could be some one on the balcony in front as they clearly can't judge the distance . But who ever is flying is totally reckless .

7. Zach Beggs

Zach Beggs Member

8. Phil Macdonald

As a company this is one of our biggest hesitations in investing heavily into aerial cinematography. All it takes it for one muppet to fly without regard for safety and for a member of the public to be harmed or even killed and governments will crack down on the industry like a tonne of bricks rendering the assets bought useless....

That being said I think the UK is one of the better areas in that to fly commercially you need a licence and I see this being the future really, much like they wouldn't let you fly a 'real aircraft' without a licence I think they will eventually do the same with UAV's. It will frustrate the phantom owners no end and they will claim its an utter damnation of their civil rights but ultimately will be better for us as a professional industry :)

Phil