/dist/images/branding/favicon

Hoverlfy Pro FC?

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Josh Lambeth, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,
    Anyone here running the Hoverfly Pro board? If so how do you like it? Have you used MK before? If so which do you like better? I am looking to switch to something else so I can run different BL's so I can run bigger motors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also would anyone be interested in a full MK electronics package? ;)

Josh

2. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Josh, I've asked a similar question in other forums and what I've gathered from folks with vast experience using MK/WKM/HFP and others is that MK is probably best for video and stability but others such as the WKM is better for GPS consistency. I'm personally sticking with MK and sitting tight for the Herkules III esc to hit market. They are 12C and standard esc capable. Another esc option is the ESC32 which will probably hit the market (after beta testing) soon as well.

3. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

hi Josh,
    We are using hoverfly and we are very happy with it, saying that we are about to install in ours cs8.s. Socwe didn.t fly with them yet but with ad6hl its a dream very smoth, and again saying that we only use gps hold or rth to extend our confort zone but not to get images.
    And it.s very very easy to set and trim what is half of the bonus. On descend I.m about to see a similar performance even from mk.
    Free to chose escs is another big plus.
    In resume we are happy with them. Next week we should have one cs8 with the hf and the, will let you know how it is and a few short movies
    Cheers

4. Josh Lambeth

5. Howard Dapp

Josh we're in the same boat. I did a great deal of research into those pwm converters as well and I decided to stay away. Folks have experienced some issues using them and some have had good success. For me it's just one additional component to potentially cause problems. I personally wouldn't consider using one when flying a rig with an expensive camera and gimbal, it just seems like a problem waiting to happen. Do some research and decide for yourself.

To add to this, I know there are users having good success using $20 reflashed chinese speed controllers, I personally would have shaky knees on every flight using them on my rigs with expensive cameras. I tried cheap modified escs a couple years back on my multi and had 2 burn up in flight on separate occasions. I truly do believe you get what you pay for. All escs can potentially fail but I believe the failure potential for a $10 esc made with cheap components is much higher than a quality esc made with quality components. Just my .02

6. Pavlos Antoniou

I use hfp and its as smooth as the silk:):). But i have the a Problem with wind...

Wookong is nice but it has problems with octos and big props and I dont want mk as i have seen a lot of crashes!!!

7. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

what about castle hv2 I readed somewhere in the Forum that they do accept I2C

8. Howard Dapp

Yes, we read the same info regarding wind and those other boards. I can say we have been flying the same 2 MK flt ctr boards for the past 2 years issue free.

9. Josh Lambeth

Thanks for the info guys. I think I'll be sticking to the MK FC but need new BLs and motors.

Josh

10. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi Josh may I ask why you need new BLs and motors is it that you want bigger stronger motors there for corresponding ESC ?

Also does any one know if MK is coming out or thinking to come out with new more capable more capacity BLs controls, able to handle more amps bigger motors etc we are in the times of Aerodrom, Herkules lll, Castle Creations Ice Etc............ EPIC camera
    I would think that MK cant stay behind

11. Josh Lambeth

Yes I want to be able to fly an epic size camera. This will require bigger motors and BLs. Since the MK FC only works with the I2C Interface so I need BLs that will work with that interface.

Josh

12. Howard Dapp

Looks like MK maybe releasing 6s rated speed controllers soon.

13. Josh Lambeth

Where did you see this?

Josh

14. Howard Dapp

Was told by a longtime MK dealer. Question is, how soon will they be available.

15. Josh Lambeth

Anyone have ANY idea when the new Herc board will be out??? I was planning on going with the AeroDrive 8 but really really don't want to spend almost $2k on it...

Josh

16. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi Josh Email Andreas directly hi is the manufacturer and as far as I know they are ready Quadrocopter US probably will have them I bought my 2 Herkules ll there
    here is his email
    Andreas Baier <mail@andreasbaier.de>