/dist/images/branding/favicon

Hi. :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by David Livingston, May 17, 2013.

1. David Livingston

David Livingston New Member

octo1.JPG
    Hello everybody,

I thought it would be fun to play with a drone, so I purchased a kit back in December. My Cinestar 8 is now built. Thanks to Andy's great videos and all the information here, it has been a total joy to build. It flies great.

At first I was like, “why does a completely assembled craft cost so much more than the kit?” Well now I know!

I have been soldering since I was five years old. My dad taught me the soldering techniques he learned from the classes he took back in the 60s that were a result of the Minuteman missile program he worked on. He later worked for a department called training aids on Chanute Air Force Base in the 70s and constantly brought me home the coolest junk you've ever seen. So, like many of you, I grew up a builder and tinker. I built my first helicopter kit back in the 80s flew it for a few years and then didn't do much with radio control until air hogs started taunting me every time I went to Wal-Mart with my kids. :) I love flight simulators too. I almost like flying virtual airplanes and helicopters as much is the real thing. Sad, I know.

I'm thinking that after I get tired of taking aerial photography and video with this thing that I will probably move on to a faster quad FPV set up.

I have a machine shop now and a manufacturing business that keeps me too busy to play with this toy as much as I would like. I think flying is more fun that taking pictures with this rig but maybe that is because I am too chicken to put my 5D MK III on the craft. I have an old canon G10 and a go pro 2 on it now.

Wonderful forum that you have here, I look forward to reading most everything here and contributing as I can.

Cheers

Dave

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

David welcome to the forums.