/dist/images/branding/favicon

Hi all

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tony Larkin, May 17, 2013.

1. Tony Larkin

Tony Larkin Member

Tony Larkin based out of Lancashire, England. Conference and event producer, now the proud owner of a Cinestar 6 with 2 axis gimbal. Was hoping to get my first test flight this weekend only for one of the Freefly 360 servo's to smoke itself! Currently revising for the BNUC-S course and exam.

Back soon

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Eigh up, Tony. Arta Lanky?
    Welcome t'forum.

Good luck with the BNUC-S. The FAA has not yet graced us with regulations on this side of the pond.
    Andy
    (Born on t'other side of t'Pennines. Sheffield. Wandered off a bit since...)

3. Tony Larkin

Tony Larkin Member

Now then Andy, thas int Preston lad. Thanks for the welcome. Lookin forward to the advice and experience from the forum. It's still early days for me with aerial filming. We have the Canon 5d mkII and considering adding the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera.

Can't believe you left Sheffield for USA!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry...it's been I while since I talked like a Northerner -- let alone tried to type like one.
    You might want to do some Google research on the Black Magic camera -- some limitations like the crop factor and fixed frame rate that have caused some raised eyebrows.

The 5D Mk III with the latest features offered by the Magic Lantern software looks quite an attractive alternative with the Canon 24mm f2.8 IS lens.

Yeah. I miss Sheffield. But you need to see Oregon to understand. Mind you -- arrived here via France and Canada. :)
    Andy.