/dist/images/branding/favicon

Herkules III Install & Setup Tips

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by MIke Magee, Dec 22, 2014.

1. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

OK. So I can use either? And the telemetry capable firmware is OK for non telemetry systems as well?

2. Andreas Baier

Andreas Baier New Member

3. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

Got the build finished and configured the copter via the Windows A2 assistant software. Switched the copter on, some beeps, nothing burning. Everything seems OK.

But then I thought I would check with the DJI iPhone app that everything is as it should. Well not excactly.

The connection was successful and the app found my copter, but all the info was completely wrong as you can see from the pictures.

Also the flight mode is N/A so in fact the app doesn't see my copter even tough when checked from the device list, the copter (Pata) is there.

Also the app tells me that the "configuration reset caused by the firmware upgrade, please re-configure". All the components are up to date. No upgrade has been done in recent times.

Tried to "accept" from the app many times to unlock A2 to no avail. When I connect the copter to my PC again, everything is good. I also tried another BTU led from my other A2 with identical results.

The BTU worked well when I was test flying the A2 with a small DJI F550 copter. As you can see, the A2 is pretty close to the Herkules.
    I wonder if Herkules can cause some noise that makes the A2 BTU go haywire. Any opinions on what to try? All the connections are correct. Checked them many times. Also covered the 12v BEC with tin foil to eliminate possible noise from it.

Wrote to DJI. Don't hope for an answer soon as their customer support so far has been abysmal.

Any ideas what to try next?

Attached Files:

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

That's a beast of a frame. Whose is it? Or did you design it?

5. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

It's made by Airborne Mechatronics in Estonia.

6. Bo Tornvig

Bo Tornvig Member

7. Bo Tornvig

Bo Tornvig Member

8. Tuukka Ylonen

Tuukka Ylonen Member

I have the Herkules III on my drone. A safety concern question:

In the flat ribbon cable connector (please see attached picture) there is this small locking part that locks the connector into the Herkules board.

The locking part is very fragile and is easily broken. Is it safe enough to use the connector with a broken locking part or is there a danger of the connector coming loose? What is your recommendation?

Attached Files:

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That locking part is all that is holding the ribbon cable secure against the teeth that push through the plastic insulation of the ribbon cable, Tuuka.
    I would mix up some epoxy and try and "rebuild" a version of the locking clip, so that the ribbon cable remains firmly bonded to the header connector -- but I would also try and order up a new cable assembly.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

10. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Hot silicone will do the job.