/dist/images/branding/favicon

HELP!!

Discussion in 'Video Assist & Video Accessories' started by Nathan Reim, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

Hey guys I was just sent a Panasonic GH3 to use for a high profile job, I want to use it on my CS8. I have a Stinger MONDO 5.8 and the Free fly HDMI converter, when I plug the HDMI cord into the GH3, then the stinger cables into the HDMI converter leading back to the MONDO, ill I get on my RX screen is color bars. What am I doing wrong? This job is on Friday so i need help asap

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Have you tried plugging the cable from the GH3 into a TV or something else to see if the HDMI is working? And conversely, try plugging another camera into the converter? Is the light on inside the converter's skin?

3. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

The red light is turning on under the heat shrink on the converter, I just hooked the gh3 to a monitor using the hdmi cord and it works that way but not sure what else to do. I sent you my phone number, if you have a chance can you call me?

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Can't do it today, as I'm working and I'm about 2,000 miles away from my copter, anyway.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Can you verify that it's not the GH3 by using another camera, Nathan?

Andy

6. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

well thats the problem, its doing it with the 5D 3 and 5D 2 so i think its something I am doing wrong with the converter. Is it possible to get you on the phone Andy?

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Unfortunately, I'm already on the phone....just checking the forum in background.
    If it's doing it with more than one camera, then I suspect you need to talk to your dealer about the HDMI Converter.

Andy.

8. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

Well it's the freefly converter

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Understood.
    Gary, Brad and I are volunteer moderators -- we're not employees of FF. However there are several FF employees who regularly read the forum -- I was just concerned that, as you needed help ASAP, you might want to contact your dealer rather than wait.

Sorry I can't be of more direct help.
    Andy.

10. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

Thats ok, yeah QC has someone in house building a copter today and if i had to guess they will be there all week, I found a temp fix so its ok for now. I would like to use this converter one day but it seems to be more trouble than its worth. Thank for the help

11. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

If this is the first use of the converter do you have the small jumper installed? If it is installed then it is trying to put out PAL. Remove the jumper. With nothing connected to the HDMI but everything powered up do you get color bars on the screen? That would indicate that the HDMI is working but doesn't have a signal to process. If you are not getting any bars then either something isn't wired correctly, bad transmitter or bad HDMI board.

12. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

Yeah I am only getting color bars. what should I do to get signal?
    other than plug the hdmi cable into the GH3 if its possible, can i get you on the phone Gary?

13. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

I know the 5.8 TX works as well as the RX bc using it with the regular IFrontech cables works. but I dont have the connectors made for the gh3 yet using the regualr cables so i need the hdmi converter to use the 5.8 system

14. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

If you are getting the Pluge bars that is encouraging. Did you check the small 2 pin jumper block. There shouldn't be a jumper on it.

15. Nathan Reim

Nathan Reim Member

Yeah thats the first thing I checked