/dist/images/branding/favicon

HELP!!

Discussion in 'Radian' started by Reno Rieger, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Reno Rieger

Reno Rieger New Member

hi there,
    i am sorry for the cry, but the radians driving me crazy. i am a newbie with very little knowledge about ho to program transmitters and so on.
    i have a gr24 receiver and a mx20 transmitter for the camera operator.
    i put all three radians onto the gimbal and put the cable into channel 8 on the gr24 and then into channel 1 on the radian pan axis and then from channel 3 into channel 1 on the roll axis and then from channel three again into channel 1 on the tilt axis. i put all the servos into channel 4 on the radians - i did everything that needs to be done regarding the manual.
    when i plug in the usb to the computer and start the programming software, everything seems to be ok - it shows up as ppm and i can put in the channels.
    so far so good.
    i read that i have to put the mx20 to sumo12 and assigned channel 8 to 3 way switch.
    but whenever i type something into the radian programming software and press write my pan axis goes nuts and the only way to stop it is to flip the switch to off.
    on the video i watched - the freefly radian in depth guide - it shows, that when you are flipping the 3 way switch, that all axis are going into a specific position - on mine nothing happens - the only thing is that my pan axis goes crazy.

i would appreciate if someone could guide me through this and tell me what i am doing wrong.
    maybe its the programming of the mx 20 - but i dont know.

thank you very much for the help

reno

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Reno

Would suggest taking one Radian at time as you do the initial setup. Start with the Pan and using the USB programmer take a screen shot of the settings that you have. If the TX is on, and you have channel 8 assigned to the 3 way switch then the Mode data on the config screen should also be set to 8. Then you can check to see if the 3 way switch is actually going through the 3 settings. Off (Second slider bar on the Diagnostics screen) slider to far left, Center (Mode 1) slider in the center, switch in the 3rd position (Mode 2) slider to far right.
    Since this is the Pan channel you also need to assign a channel to which ever stick is going to control Pan. That channel number gets entered in the Skew data spot. Then after writing everything you can check Pan off (Mode 0), Mode 1 (Pan won't be doing anything), Mode 2 Pan will start spinning since it isn't attache do the copter but you should be able to control it with the assigned stick.

After you do that bit then move on to programming the roll Radian and then the Tilt Radian. You can't program by connecting to the Pan. Each one needs to have the programming cable attached individually.

Can you confirm that you in fact have setup SUMO on your MX20? You read that on page 209 that starts the Setting section. SUMO is on page 217-218. To make it work the Receiver must be powered up and bound to the TX.

Lastly for now what are using to power the gimbal, Radians and RX unit.

3. Reno Rieger

Reno Rieger New Member

hi gary,
    thank you for the quick reply.
    i can confirm that i have set the mx20 to sumo12 and everything is bound to the TX.
    i am using a 2s lipo with a master bec boy 6A.

but what i didnt know before was that i have to program each radian separately.
    i try that for now and keep posting my results.
    reno

4. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

The pan will spin when the copter or mount is on the ground. Lift the gimbal by the top mounting plate and you'll notice it's no longer as crazy. As for the other 2 axis, I would say check the wiring carefully going to each. If pan works they all should.

5. Reno Rieger

Reno Rieger New Member

hi gary,
    i connected all three radians now and put them into bootloader mode to put 1.03 firmware on.
    pan and roll radian where fine - but the tilt one shows weird stuff in the bootloader menu - whats does that mean : and i cant upload the new firmware.
    [​IMG]

6. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

7. Reno Rieger

Reno Rieger New Member

hi i just wanted to resend a screenshot of the bootloader. it starts fine with starting to write page 0 of 128 but fails imidiatley .
    dont know what to do.

Attached Files:

8. Reno Rieger

Reno Rieger New Member

and thats another message i get.

Attached Files:

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Reno:
    As Gary says, I'm afraid you will have to contact your dealer and get a replacement Radian.

Andy.