/dist/images/branding/favicon

Help with regulations in Saint Barthélemy

Discussion in 'Flight Regulations' started by Chris Odom, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Chris Odom

Chris Odom Member

We are working on a large production and will be filming in St. Barths in Dec. While on the tech scout, we got a bunch of push back from the local administrator concerning flying UAVs, using local companies, etc. We are trying to find work arounds at the moment but I am coming up blank. So I turn to the pro community to see if anyone has experience flying in St. Barths. If so, were you doing so in an official capacity? Did you go through the proper channels and obtain permission? Any one willing to share their experience would be very helpful as we are trying to make sure we do this the right way but am constantly running into road blocks.

Anybody have any advice on how to handle a locals only scene like this? Is anyone here based in the Caribbean or know of any companies certified to fly in French territories?

2. Chris Odom

Chris Odom Member

Any thoughts out there? Has anyone had any experience with regulations with the French aviation authority? From my understanding you have to have an airframe certified by them with a serial number. ANY help would be grateful!