/dist/images/branding/favicon

Help request for DIY camera car

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Chris Lombardo, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Chris Lombardo

Chris Lombardo New Member

Hey all,
    Please see attached pics. The first one shows my rig alone, still in progress. The square-tube metal bar fits into a trailer hitch. The plan is to use the transmitter from the passenger seat in the car to pan & tilt. A hardwired monitor will give me visual. The problem is the Movi will not smooth out direct up/down motion as the car moves. One possible solution I'm working on is to figure out a way to "translate" the up/down into a forward/backward motion. I've also been experimenting with a DIY shock-absorbing mount, which is in the foreground of the second pic. If anyone has any thoughts on how I could overcome the up/down shaking, I'd greatly appreciate any ideas. Also, I am not super familiar with the fine-tune controls via the remote app, I'm wondering if there might be an adjustment there that would help? Thanks for giving this a look.

20161220_231856.jpg 20161220_231841.jpg

2. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

Hey Chris,

There are a couple of options that work. I use a vibration isolator plate using wire rope springs for most work on roads, that you can see here

For work where the bumps are larger, then a shock arm like this works well

Both of these solutions I have built, but there are some others out there that you can buy as well.

For using the springs you need to work out the total mass of the sprung load and the match that to the spring stiffness to get the best results. There are lots of data sheets available for that at www.isolator.com

Cheers

Chris