/dist/images/branding/favicon

HELP! I'm having problems with My Movi M5

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Raul Bribiesca, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Raul Bribiesca

Raul Bribiesca New Member

I,m having a big problem with my movi m5. It is well ballanced and it works perfectly, but at moments it moves violently loosing control of the ballance! And suddenly it comes back to a normal function! It is hAppening for moments! What is it? I,m in a film rigth now. Help

I'm too close to a big antenna! Could it be the problem?
    A picture of the antenna has been attached
    image.jpg

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

If you are using it with the remote control, there is an excellent chance that the radio signals from that antenna will "swamp" the remote control...and might even influence the performance of the M5 even without the remote control -- those antennas are probably radiating kilowatts of power (and with that much power, that close, you don't even care what frequencies!). Just as a test, can you move a few miles/kilometers away from the antenna and see if the M5 works OK then?

Andy.

3. Raul Bribiesca

Raul Bribiesca New Member

Andy, thanks for your response! I testesd the movi few kilometers away from the antennas! And it worked perfectly. It is the antenna! It is affecting the movi efficiency in some way! Ig is good to know that the movi is ok! I will propose to use a steadicam instead! Thank you

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Glad you found the answer Raul. Those big antenna are putting out so much power, they could probably make the loose fillings in your teeth vibrate!

Andy.