/dist/images/branding/favicon

HELP error 32 "BL Selftest error" on v3 board

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Jason Smoker, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

i took the heavy lift for spin in strong winds. After landing the props where still spinning the wind was so strong that it tipped the heli over :eek:. Now I am getting this error 32 "BL Selftest error"

Anybody know how to fix it?

The board is a mk Double Quadro V3 cool board.

this the first time i have ever seen this error anywhere on forums so I might be sending it to germany i guess

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Jason: I suspect one of the BL-Ctrls has been damaged. Can you see any red LEDs on the boards (they're hard to see) -- but it might give you a clue as to which is bad -- then inspect the BL-Ctrl very closely and see if you can see any physical damage, whiskers of wire, or anything like that.

You can check for any surface mounted devices (SMD) that might have popped off by comparison with the images and diagrams here: http://wiki.mikrokopter.de/en/Okto-BL-Ctrl_3

Otherwise, as you say, I think the boards might be in for a quick visit to Germany, I'm afraid.

Andy.

3. Jason Smoker

Yes I can see one of the lights blinking its the bottom one of the bl board no 4. I know its broken I going to try reload the bl software on it and give a little pray to the heli gods to see if it comes good. I cant see anything wrong with the bl other than the damn blinking light.

I ordered one more so I be back in the air by next week! ;)

4. Jason Smoker

update tried to update the bl to v1.10 was running v1.08 everyone worked except the one that was flashing! doh! :mad:

any other ideas before it goes to get repaired?

5. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Jason, I am afraid you need to return the board to MK.

6. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

If the props were still spinning and one of them impacted the ground or something that caused it to immediately stop, that likely caused a current spike that could have burned one of the components in that BL.

Sadly, this is the greatest weakness of the all-in-one BL-CTRL ring on the 3.0 boards: the board can't be field repaired like the 2.0 boards.

7. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

I have emailed to Holger at MK to ask whether shock-stopping a motor would cause a current surge sufficient to cause a BL-Ctrl to fail. I'll let you know what he says.

Andy.

8. Jason Smoker

thanks Andy any response yet?

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oops. My bad. I created a posting but forgot to click Post Reply. Sorry about that Jason.
    Holger's response was:

"Actually a sudden stop of a motor can cause a high current peak, but normally that shouldn't damage the BL-Ctrl.
    We will check that BL an repair it. Maybe it is just a mechanical problem.."

I suspect the boards are going to need to go back to MK, I'm afraid.

Thanks
    Andy.

10. Jason Smoker

Thanks Andy!

I tried updating the software on it a few times but no success. it I have a RMA from mircokopter will be sending it soon for repair.:(