/dist/images/branding/favicon

Help! Bought DJI batteries and their charging hub for my Movi Pro

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Adam Brennan, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Help! Bought DJI batteries and their charging hub for my Movi Pro. DJI doesn't include the power charger for their hub. I bought Freefly's batter plate adaptor and was wondering can I use the Movi Pro battery charger to charge these DJI batteries with the Movi Pro DJI battery plate on them?

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

No! Don't do it. You don't want to risk damaging the batteries, and since they're LiPo's, it could go horribly wrong.

I know, it's crazy, but you have to buy the power supply separately. I think there are even two confusingly different models of power supply. Ignite Digi wrote a bit about how to select the best one on their site. Ultimately, I ended up buying the 8-bay battery station from DJI, and it's really worth the expense.

3. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Don't know why the hell a battery charger power cable is not included in a charging hub!! Freaking stupid!

4. Graham Futerfas

Probably because the charging hubs are pieces of crap that break easily, and when you have to replace them, you don't have to also buy a new power supply.

5. Graham Futerfas

Everyone I know who has them has broken one of the petals off their charging hubs. Some people have used tape or soft velcro to reattach them, but they're not really suited for rugged film sets where things are moving around from location to location all the time. Maybe OK sitting on a desk all the time?

6. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

If I put the MoviPro DJI sled adaptor on the MoviPro and then try to slide on the DJI battery, it's doesn't seem to want to go on unless i take the DJI battery plate off and then install the DJI battery on the adaptor sled and then slide on the MoviPro. Is that the way it's supose to work? I thought I could put the adaptor plate on and then slide on the DJI battery.

7. Graham Futerfas

I haven't used the Freefly ones, just the Ignite Digis. The Ignite ones have a locking screw that you tighten, so the adapters stay on the Movi, and then you put the batteries on and off without removing the adapters.