/dist/images/branding/favicon

Heavyduty power distribution board

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Juha Nissi, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Juha Nissi

Juha Nissi New Member

Hello,

I am looking for a heavyduty power distribution board. >100A. Anyone known is there any of those available?

Best regards,

Juha

Scott Strimple likes this.
  2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Juha:
    I don't know of any really heavy duty ones that are available commercially.
    There is this thread and this thread that might be of interest.

Andy

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Good finds, Gary. Thanks for posting those.
    Andy.

5. mikael_bellina

mikael_bellina New Member

Hi Guys, so what would you advise for something rated for over 200 amps under $50 ?

Thanks,

Mikaël

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

If you mean 200 amps total then at that price range I would build a Dean's setup. Several examples on the forum, the latest design which I like due to size is the one is this one.

7. mikael_bellina

Thanks Gary, for your answer I have some bullet 3.5mm connector should I solder everything on one plate of a metal. I was about to order the Power distributor V2 here : http://shop.jet-1a.com/product_info.php?products_id=2292&osCsid=ca00f6cfc397296b11996fe1f64a0034

But I don't see any review on it... it's not 200 amps rated, but it's the max I could find except the big boys (Droidworx and hungry power board ). I was also looking the multiwii voltair powerboard but I don't like so much the design to solder my bullet connector....

What do you think ... Thanks !!!

8. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

That is a good board. I've seen it talked about a few times over on the multirotorforum. You could always buy two and run them side by side. Would be interested in seeing your photos when you get it done and flying.

9. mikael_bellina

Ok thanks, I also bought 2 board : http://www.goodluckbuy.com/100a-mul...power-battery-to-16-esc-connection-board.html few hours ago, do you think the Power Distributor V2 is better quality ?

If you have other power distribution name don't hesitate, I want something RELIABLE and clean ... !

And other question because I'm total newbie, what solder do I need to use, because mine I think it's not good enough for high amps. Silver solder ? is there a website I can compare the solder ... ?

Thanks

Mikaël

10. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Mikael

I think I would stick with the first one. It is a know item in the community. Would rather trust that than something from GoodLuckBuy. While they have some good stuff I wouldn't want to trust the core power source of my multi dollar copter to something that says "Good Luck" :)

For solder any high quality lead free solder should be fine. I happen to use a Lead Free that has 4% solder in it. There is a posting here on the forum where I had a snippet from WikiPedia about solder. This seems to be the solder that commercial re-flow machines use and was recommended by Thiago Krause in one of his videos over on Drone4You. I don't think pure silver would be recommended due it's melting point characteristics for power connections.