/dist/images/branding/favicon

Heavy Lift Motors and not only

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by David Tivadze, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Jeff Field

Jeff Field New Member

Ok, it looks like my abuse or sensitivity test presents the esc with a larger range of PWM than the typical 1.1 to 1.9 ms. This video explains their approach.

Can I upload a jpg here? I'll have to host and post, I guess. If anyone wonders, it's run at 25.2v. Anyway, I'll limit my simulated FC output to those boundaries and report back.

Interesting you got the mk bl ctrls working. I've wasted a bunch of time trying to get a pixhawk to recognize and spin them via the i2c bus. Frustrating so far, and not many people trying to fly over 18" or ~20 amps per board.
    KDEissue.JPG

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah, you can post JPGs up to 2MB in size.
    That's an interesting shift in throttle curve. I'll be running some more tests on the KDE's in the next couple of days, so I'll watch out for the "dynamic self-adjustment. Thanks for posting that!

Andy

3. Jeff Field

Jeff Field New Member

Confirmed. If you stay between 1100us and 1900us, nothing fishy happens. Also note the pulse width at startup matters. Say, if it's 1000us, the motor will spin just after 1100us. If you have 1100us when power is applied, it arms the same, but will now only begin spinning after 1200us.

Andy, can I shoot you an email about the mk bl-ctrls? Address?

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

ajohnsonlaird at me dot com

And you're right. The motors will not commutate with a pulse width at 1000 us.

Andy.

5. Ryan McMaster

Ryan McMaster Active Member

You guys use bubble levels sheesh I am embarrassed admitting this~

I feel stoneage here but I have a nice hardwood table I do all my builds on. to Level my motors I take the motor mounts and loosen them up so they can move, but still hold position. After they are loose I take the two outer bolts on the CS hub and that motor on my table and press down on them, the hub is "level" and when I press down it forces the motor mount to rotate and line up with the hub. Always 100% vertical. Takes all of 10 minutes to level when on the road (I use the top of the pelican cases we travel with).