/dist/images/branding/favicon

Hawk V-Lites and other light anamorphics With Epic

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Brett Harrison, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

I would like to know if anyone has tried this. The heaviest lens I have tried is the Cooke S4/i 32mm at 1.85 kilos - but that was with a heavy Arri Matte Box and one ND in there. I think if I were using the motion mount, and a super light matte box it would have taken two pieces of glass and been fine.

I think heavier glass comes down to placement of the motor control and possibly power at the back of the Epic body to counter balance the lens and bring the COG back under the camera body.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

2. martin ubilluz

martin ubilluz New Member

No matter how you balance you don't want to go over the weight even if it seems fine you could ruin the motors. I think even if you only have a V lite and a FF you would deff go over weight. I own a set of Kowa anamorphics and I use them all the time with the Movi beautiful lens and perfect weight. Fist shot of this video and many others using the Kowa anamorphic movi set up. They are also available to rent.

3. Brett Harrison

Brett Harrison Active Member

The weight of the Epic with Freefly rails mount is around 2.6 I think. Certainly some of the Hawks would put it over weight but there are some that weigh 2kg. The Kowas certainly seem like the best option, appreciate the reply. Thanks Martin.

4. martin ubilluz

martin ubilluz New Member

that is true there is a couple that are 4.2 lbs but once the camera has the PL mount and red volts it going to be about 6 lbs bringing you to over 10lbs .. then the FF witch could be 1lbs with the cables and MDR or maybe half a puns depending on what system.. does not give you much room for any sort of filtration.