/dist/images/branding/favicon

Handheld controller for Wedge (RtMotion)

Discussion in 'WEDGE' started by Rory Hinds, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Rory Hinds

Rory Hinds Member

Is there anyway to get the Wedge to talk to a RTMotion handheld controller?
    We have the MoVi Controller and while its absolutely amazing we are still lacking the traditional hand control for the focus puller and its awkward having both the focus puller and MoVi operator standing around the one MoVi controller.

Would would be cool is to have a separate handheld controller work along side the MoVi Controller so dedicated focus, iris and zoom controls can be done.

Is there anyway to link a RTMotion controller or DJI Focus or something else?

2. Rory,
    The Freefly Wedge only communicates with the Freefly MoVI Controller. If you have any further questions, please feel free and email us at support@freeflysystems.com.

3. Rory Hinds

Rory Hinds Member

Any chance of FreeFly making a handheld controller that works in tandem with the Wedge and MoVi Controller so our focus puller can run around and pull focus and our MoVi op can concentrate on moving the camera?

Wolf Schiebel likes this.
  4. Jeroen den Dunnen

Jeroen den Dunnen New Member

Rory, do the RTMotion motors work in combination with the Wedge? Would be good information to receive from someone that actually uses the Wedge/RTmotion combo in real-life!

5. Rory Hinds

Rory Hinds Member

Hi Jeroen No sorry the RTMotion motors do not work with the wedge, well they didn't the last time I checked. I actually sold mine because of this as I wanted the Wedge. If I remember correctly they have to be 6 pin digital motors and the RT's are 3 pin. I did hear from Kris at RT that they would offer a convertor cable but that was a year ago and I don't think they have release that yet.

6. Jeroen den Dunnen

Jeroen den Dunnen New Member

That's a clear answer Rory, thank you for the for the quick response.

7. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

The WEDGE uses a 7-pin LEMO, not a 6-pin.

Chris Harrison likes this.
  8. Olly Meacock

Olly Meacock New Member

Hocus Products have just announced a lightweight motor that is compatible with the Wedge...really exciting for Aerial especially as every gram counts!