/dist/images/branding/favicon

GPS automatic follow

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Laurence Hamilton-Baillie, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Laurence Hamilton-Baillie

http://www.movensee.com/

surely the technology in this has got to be the next thing to be incorporated into an alexmos/ movi control board!!.. So fed up of working with a different camera opperator on each shoot and having to teach them from scratch on location. having an arm band on the presenter or contributor that the camera could automatically follow would be a dream!

Andres Torres likes this.
  2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

3. Laurence Hamilton-Baillie

Thats cool! but it looks like it controls the helicopter rather than the gimbal with the helicopter just flying to the recorded gps points that the box is spitting out. The wake border remains in shot because the camera is always pointing foreword on it's 2 axis gimbal. if it could be used to control the pan and tilt controls on a 3 axis gimbal that would be the next level in my opinion! I guess it would rely on obtaining a camera heading by taking the difference between the gps position of the subject and the gps position of the helicopter. maybe tilt axis could be controlled by barometers in the same fashion?

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

It's hard to imagine that the accuracy of the GPS available outside of military applications would be good enough for a camera to follow somebody. However, this should be easily implementable using a non-GPS solution. I believe this was tried with some sports applications, like in hockey or football. But I'm not sure.