/dist/images/branding/favicon

Got Some Wacky Things Going On.....

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Chris Daidone, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Chris Daidone

Chris Daidone Member

So once again to get everyone on board, I bought this CS8 from someone on Ebay, and have flown it a few times but I think there might be a few issues with both Altitude Hold and GPS.

So I have a 2 position switch, when forward (down / away) from me, Alt is on, and when it's back, its off (according to the ODS on MKTools).

I have a 3 position switch, when it's forward ( down / away) from me, it's in CH mode, middle is PH, and back is Free.

After starting the copter and before trying to leave the ground, if I toggle the 2 position altitude switch, the idle will change. With Alt ON (switch forward / down position), the idle is much faster. If I flip the switch back towards me, the copter idles lower.

The copter WILL take off regardless of which position the Alt swtich is in. However, regardless of which position the Alt switch is in, the copter will only take of in CH mode (3 position switch forward / away from me). It WILL NOT take off in PH or FREE modes.

After in flight in CH mode, if I toggle to the middle which should be PH mode, the copter seems to reduce power and starts to fall out of the sky.

I've attached screenshots of what my MKTools look like, and anyone decipher what might be going on?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

3. Chris Daidone

Chris Daidone Member

That's a good question... Will it say it somewhere when I'm hooked up to MKTools?

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

It’s in the first line of any of your GPX files.
    Have you looked at them?
    I’d be willing to bet that the GPX files have the answer to your problem.

5. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Steve has a good point! load the gpx files on here! I am sure someone will know

As for the software when you plug it into mktools it should say no errors in a large box if you then click the flight control box it then look at the large box again it will tell you!! Not that the software number has anything to do with it, you could download new firmware and start again!