/dist/images/branding/favicon

gimbal controller

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Michael comissiong, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Michael comissiong

Hi,
    I am new to gimbal controllers ( ie Martinez, alex moss) can the controller be setup separately from the control on the flight controller and still have it's own gyros control the various axis to stay level while flying.

My issue is I am using wookong m in octo config so the two gimbal channels on the fc are used by motor 7,8 leaving gimbal control only manual from radio channel .

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Brushless gimbal controllers don’t need any radio channels to do their stabilizing. It you want to manually control the tilt angle or other things, then you will need a radio channel or two. You can wire that directly from your radio receiver to the brushless controller. But the brushless controllers work 100% independently of the flight controller.

3. Michael comissiong

Hi Steve
    thanks for the info, one more thing can I have both facilities the independent controller and the radio chanell wired in for the option of manual control if so desired.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

If I understand your question, I think it depends on how many channels you have on your TX and your RX.

5. Michael comissiong

Hi,
    I have 12 channels , so channels would not be an issue.