/dist/images/branding/favicon

GH Cable for JST Part Number GHR-06V-S

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro API' started by Jeff Milton, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Jeff Milton

Jeff Milton New Member

Hi,

I'm working on making the Arduino joy stick controller for my Movi Pro. I'm following the directions in the adr Freefly API document. Page 2 says to use a 6 pin GH cable. I need to make a longer cable than the one I bought from Freefly.

Does anyone know where I can find that cable? I've done a general web search and looked on the Digikey website. Does anyone have a part number or good supplier?

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Jeff: I think you may need to open up a ticket by sending an email to Freefly Support (support@freeflysystems.com) and asking that question -- that's probably the quickest way to get an answer.

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Eric Bergez

Eric Bergez New Member

Jeff -

I'm experimenting with cable lengths myself. They is a lot of information for UART | TTL cable lengths on the Internet and much of it has to do with the quality of the cable, shielding and voltage. Also, I don't believe Freefly supports line drivers, so you will need to terminate both ends to avoid noise and crosstalk. However, in theory, we should be able to reach a few meters....we shall see!

Eric
    IndustrySherpa.com

4. Jeff Milton

Jeff Milton New Member

Hi Eric,

Right now I only plan to run the thumb control up along the ring so it won't be that far. I've had great luck with FoolControl to do focus pulls on my Red Scarlet W. I've had good luck with that indoors and inside. It would be good to have a cable backup in case that doesn't work. Let us know what you find.

--Jeff

5. Eric Bergez

Eric Bergez New Member

"Make sure your serial cables are not excessively long, especially in electrically noisy environments. In general a serial cable should not be longer than 50' for communication at 9600bps. Faster speeds require shorter cables, slower speeds allow longer cables. In general, the shorter the cable and the slower the serial speed the more reliable the connection will be."

source <http://ltxfaq.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1217/kw/TTL to Ethernet>