/dist/images/branding/favicon

Get together?

Discussion in 'Cinestar Misc' started by Christopher Simons, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Christopher Simons

Hey everybody. I was thinking the other day, is there something set up, like a weekend thing, for all of us that own and operate Cinestars to get together and fly and swap stories over a beer? If not, would that be something people would be interested in? I would be interested in helping to, ahem, get that off the ground. There's NAB, CES etc, but nothing specifically for us. Thoughts? I'd love to see if there would be any interest in this. Sound off!

Christopher

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I was just thinking about this the other day. I know our fellow forum members are spread out all over the world, and I’m surprised how few of us have even filled out our profiles with our locations. But I think it would make for a cool Google Maps app to ‘pin’ all of us so that we’d know who’s nearby. Who knows...it could save your bacon if you’re on the road and have a hardware problem and need a fellow CS driver with a rig who can bail you out. The MōVI folks have started a Google Doc with a list of owners. We should do something similar.

I think Freefly tried to pull something together at the last NAB for those in attendance, but I’m not sure anything came of it.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Steve it was planned and there was a Freefly party but the flying bit afterwards got cancelled. Speaking from having manned the booth for the duration at the end of each day and at the end of the conference there was no energy left to go fly. But it was great party.

4. Christopher Simons

Thanks for the replies guys! I guess my main reason for asking the question is I'm the only one in my region with one of these things and creating a group around me is impossible. I thought a weekend where we could all gather, small at first most likely, would be a nice annual thing. Steve, your idea of assembling a network of ops is a great idea. I'm interested in helping get that going. I'm unfamiliar with Google docs, would you mind setting that up?