/dist/images/branding/favicon

Gains Gains... Gains

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Mike Gentilini Jr., Oct 15, 2015.

1. Mike Gentilini Jr.

Hey All,

So we're doing our best to tweak our gains when flying RED, but still having some mild vertical oscillations.

The really odd thing is, we went from a 11 lbs payload (green dampeners) with vertical stiffness set to 17 with absolutley no issues, to a 14.65 lbs payload (black dampers) and had to go all the way down to 8 vertical stiffness to stop vertical oscillations.

Have you Red lifters found the correct gains combination yet?

I've included my current gains for lifting a 14 lbs payload.

IMG_5313.PNG IMG_5314.PNG IMG_5315.PNG

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Mike just an FYI. Tabb has commented on another post that essentially he runs the default settings with tweaking of the hover voltage for the load. No comment on which dampers though.

3. Mike Gentilini Jr.

Hey Gary,

Just to clarify, you're saying that Tabb uses default settings (while adjusting hover voltage) for lifting max (range of 14-15 lbs) payloads?

Thanks,
    Mike

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

5. Even Sigstad

Even Sigstad New Member

Hi Mike, I had the same issues as you described. When flying the M15 (with Red powered by a FF movi lipo) everything was fine with default settings. Just had to adjust the hover throttle. But when I tried to fly with our M10 and Red powered by an IDX battery (pretty much the same weight as the M15 setup), I had to set vertical stiffness down to 8 to get rid of vertical oscillations (in height hold mode). Black dampeners. I tried to adjust vertical stiffness all the way down to 5, and got the best results at around 6, and thats super low. I talked to FF support and they couldn't give me a good answer, and after that I sent the Alta back to fix the signal wires. I will be doing some more testing ones I get it back in a couple of days.

Even

Chris Jordan likes this.