/dist/images/branding/favicon

FW 4.01 - New Release

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Tabb Firchau, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Does that mean it works now, Andrew?

Andy.

2. Akpe Ododoru

Akpe Ododoru Member

I tried updating my Movi m5 and got it bricked even though i hard full battery and all was well. I waited for about a month for my "Recovery Jumper" to arrive, I just followed all of the instructions in order to update my MoVI M5 firmware and seem to have a problem. I did everything in this link https://freeflysystems.zendesk.com/...-do-I-use-my-jumper-cable-to-recover-my-MōVI-
    Once I went to power it off and back on, the MoVI light blinked on one at a time, but the MoVI was still “limp”. Also when I go to connect it back to the GUI to confirm the status of the update, it reads “Comms revision not recognized”.
    Please what am i doin wrong? Can someone help me please, i have a shoot tomorrow

3. Akpe Ododoru

Akpe Ododoru Member

Edit: Its ok i got it working now

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Just in case anyone else has the same problem, once you have upgraded the firmware, the settings are re-initialized so you need to restore the stiffness settings -- preferably from a Saved copy you made before you did the firmware upgrade.

The Comms Revision message usually indicates that the version of the application program on the computer does not match the firmware on the MōVI.

Akpe: If you found out something that is different from the above, please post the details if you have time.

Thanks
    Andy