/dist/images/branding/favicon

Futaba transmitter tray

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Rick Gerard, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Rick Gerard

Rick Gerard Active Member

I'm looking for a minimalist but usable transmitter tray for my Futaba transmitter. Most that I have seen look like overkill. I just need two mounting points, one for FPV receiver and one for the phone or i-pad. The Skycraft tray looks close but I don't see any way to bring easily attach the other gear without fabricating something. The tray also needs to securely attach to the transmitter. There are no mounting holes on the T14SG and the Skycraft tray looks like it is just friction that keeps it together.

I am also concerned about blocking the transmitter antenna.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Rick:
    You piqued my curiosity....so I did a Google search for: futaba transmitter tray

This looks pretty minimalistic: https://www.etsy.com/listing/529071...fwYAv26tdsxyPAm7-M8q9qbNFEAvYgHcaAtU-EALw_wcB

There's also this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Grip-Transmitter-Tray-for-any-Radio-Controlled-RC-Radio-/322200512501

Cheers
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Gary's right -- I misread your original post (reading "Skycraft" as "Secraft.") Not enough caffeine ingested, I think.

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

5. Rick Gerard

I'm 3D printing my own tray. Everything out there was too cumbersome and required significant modification anyway. Sent 2 different trays back.

As soon as I get it completed I will post photos. As a side note, I'm also 3d printing some spacer and attach plates for the Bolt and Atomos Shogun Inferno that I use when I shoot with the Sony A7SII. The combo is lighter than an Alexa Mini.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

What 3D printer do you use, Rick? I have a Up Box...I use Fusion 360 for the 3D design work.

I'll be interested to see the results...3D Printing changes the game...

Cheers
    Andy

7. Rick Gerard

I have a Robo R1 + but I've modified the head with a stainless steel nozzle to take carbon fiber. I also use Fusion 360 for design. The carbon Fiber PLA is incredibly strong. I also use PTFE which will take a substantial bending load if you do a 40% fill with triangles. Once I got the temp and feed rates dialed in it does a pretty decent job and it was really affordable.

8. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Nice. The Up Box+ also appears to handle that carbon fiber PLA. How come it's always the next version from what I have really does what I need? :rolleyes:

9. Rob Weidner

Rob Weidner New Member

Hey guys did you manage to get that tray printed? Any chance of sharing some photos or designs?

10. Rick Gerard

I am still fiddling with designs. If I get something that works I will certainly post it.

11. Alexander Leontev

Alexander Leontev New Member

I'm using Tarot Tray. It's ok for FPV. Not so good for camera gimbal operator.