/dist/images/branding/favicon

Futaba 14SG - throttle in the centre

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Tomasz Gladys, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Tomasz Gladys

Tomasz Gladys New Member

Hi, does anyone have any experience with Alta and Futaba throttle setting in the middle (50% with some springs used)?
    I had such a setting in my DJI S900 and I was pretty happy with it? It works great with A2 but wondering how it works with Synapse?

Greetings,
    Tom

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Tom it would work fine IF you have tuned the Hover setting to the correct value. But in reality it doesn't take much to 'learn' how to use the throttle without the spring. I was flying other radios/copters with the spring. Only change I made with Furtaba was to slightly tighten the friction on the throttle stick so that it would stay where in position if I took my fingers off of the stick.

3. Adam Orens

Adam Orens Member

For me it kind of depends on what you're trying to accomplish in the end. Not having the centering spring on the throttle allows you to be able to let go of the stick and hold to a certain climb or descend rate.

4. Tomasz Gladys

Tomasz Gladys New Member

Thank you both, it seems that not having the centering spring has some advantages.

Tom

5. Jason Toth

Jason Toth Active Member

+1 for NO sprig :) Fine toys like DJI stuff but you want total control of larger rigs.