/dist/images/branding/favicon

FS7 - Movi Controller Start Stop and Iris Control Settings. (Movi Pro)

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Toby WIlson, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Toby WIlson

Toby WIlson New Member

Just thought there will be some out there who may be curious as to how get the Sony FS7 and Lanc to work happily and may not have yet figured it out. So taking the time to lay out what i know.

This will enable control of Start/Stop and Iris or focus alongside FIZ motor control.

Current Firmwares:

Movi Controller: V3.0.1

Movi Pro (running latest beta)
    GCU: V1.3.0
    TSU: V1.3.4
    ESCs: V1

Camera build:
    Sony FS7
    Canon 16-35mm
    Redrock Micro Torque Motor - Focus
    Freefly Sony Lanc cable.

Before this latest beta i have had lots of issues:
    1. Motor faulting (software) and having to hard reset the movi (remove batteries).
    2. Controller not saving settings.
    3. Controller would crash the movi when changing lanc settings.
    Latest iteration seems more stable although i have not taken on a shoot yet or tested more that 30minutes on the bench. Time will tell.

What i can control through Lanc:
    Start / Stop
    Iris or Focus (not both at once).

Start / Stop Config:
    1. Plug Freefly Sony Lanc Cable into FS7.
    2. Movi Controller needs to be on latest firmware (V3.0.1).
    3. From home menu follow these steps: "Wedge Config" - "Camera Type", Set to "Lanc_Canon_BM" (no idea why its this and not "Lanc Sony", changing this stage can often crash the movi it seems and will require a hard reset.)
    4. Once you get it to change without crashing, go to: "Wedge Config" - "Settings Action" - "Save" - Click "menu set" button.
    5. You should now have start stop control.
    Iris or Focus Control
    1. After having done the above go to: "Wedge Detail" - Using the "Menu Select" scroll wheel, scroll to the "F" and use the "Menu Set" wheel to scroll to "I" (for iris) - Scroll using "menu select" to the "LANC" "+" sign and then using the "menu set " knob you should now have iris control by scrolling left or right (the stops are very small so it requires large turns to change quickly, can also be laggy so cannot roll iris too fast).
    2. The same works for Focus "F" as well, although the steps are so small i don't see this working well.
    3. You will still have Lens motor control in this menu.
    Hope this helps some, its still buggy sometimes but does work.

Trouble Shooting:
    • Movi Unresponsive and power button wont shutdown - Remove Batteries
    • Movi Wont boot - Remove Motor Cable and cycle Movi Controller. Restart Movi.