/dist/images/branding/favicon

Freefly WEDGE

Discussion in 'WEDGE' started by Hugh Bell, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Hugh Bell

Hugh Bell Administrator
    Staff Member

The smallest three-axis lens control system available. The Freefly WEDGE allows the operator to control Focus, Iris, Zoom remotely while framing the shot. It operates in tandem with the MōVI Controller, and adapts to the many different professional camera, lens and motor combinations.

Availability Date: Shipping first week of May 2015

The WEDGE will ship with everything you need to communicate with the MōVI Controller.

Features:
    • Automatic and manual calibration modes with torque sensing.
    • Lens mapping and lens library creation, allowing for display of physical units (distance, F-stop) on the MōVI Controller.
    • Adjustable damping, speed, and torque per-axis.
    • Intuitive sub-range programming and scale stretching.

More information here: http://freeflysystems.com/products/2015/wedge/

Attached Files:

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Traditional remote focus systems has a very classical usage. You use it like using a rc car transmitter. But with Movi Controller, this habit needs to change.

I'm curious if you had given the whole system to an experienced focus puller and asked him about his thoughts? What do the focus pullers think?

3. Adrien Oneiga

Adrien Oneiga New Member

just curious what the CAN and CAM socket are, is it for start / stop of REC function?

and also wondering if there is any chance of making the focus thumb wheel from the RR focus system work with this for majectic single operator mode. would be really great for lighter setups.

4. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

Can i use my Wireless Handheld Redrock mico follow focus with the wedge? Forgot to ask at NAB.

5. Robert Eder

Robert Eder New Member

Hi Ozkan, for the part on ergonomic I can give you my thoughts. The Cineflex and Shotover (some Helicopter gimbals) control interfaces use a very similar position for focusing knobs and it works nice for me.

On the Wedge i have some questions. As I have one on preorder I wonder what cables are included and if we can add any necessary cables to the order in time (before the wedge itself gets shipped).

Also the weight would be interesting.

Greetings,

Robert

6. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Thanks Robert,

I asked the same question about package contents to Freefly via email. And their response was:

7. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

I want to buy this ASAP but i want to know if i can use this with a RedRock or other standard hand follow focus unit in case i don't want to use it with the Movi Controller.

8. The Wedge only works in tandem with the MoVI Controller.

9. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

Thats a huge bummer, love the size of the unit and would use it in a more traditional situations besides just movi.

10. Jacob Schwarz

Jacob Schwarz Member

Also i have ACs that need to pull focus while some else operates the gimbal, too many hands on the movi controller.

11. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

Whats the distance expected with the wedge?
    Can i use digital motors on it?
    Is it possible to conect a regular focus puller in the movi controler as in my country focus puller didnt get used getting on the on in the movi controller and if yes what focus system can be used?
    Thanks