/dist/images/branding/favicon

Freefly Servos backlash

Discussion in '2 Axis Gimbal' started by Júlio Cesar Almeida, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Júlio Cesar Almeida

Hi. I bought a Cinestar 2x gimbal. I realized that there is a small backlash in the gears of servos freefly f360. It's actually very sultil. I wonder if it is normal or if it should not have any slack in the servo. Actually I consider a micro-slack and do not know if you can say interfere with the quality of the video.
    Thanks,
    Júlio

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the Forum, Júlio.

Firstly if it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Secondly, the FF servos are designed to be low backlash, but it's hard for us to tell you whether you have a problem without some idea of how much backlash you are seeing. With the servo mounted and the drive belt in place and tight (you should see about 3mm of deflection at the mid-point of the belt if you press it with your finger), how many mm's of rotation do you see on the large wheel the belt goes around?

Thanks
    Andy.

3. Júlio Cesar Almeida

sorry but I have not been able to change my name in the user profile. Can you show me the way to this?
    I realized there is a slop in aproximadamente1mm of roll, and I think it can affect the video quality. I realize a small shake in my video that has not yet found the source, but that can be derived from this slop in the servo . Once I have the chance I'll post the video.
    This small slop are all servos freefly f360? I do not see it in hitec and jr servos.

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member