/dist/images/branding/favicon

FreeFly Motor Control Set Settings

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Rob Scribner, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Rob Scribner

Rob Scribner New Member

I have a quick question for people that have the FF set...do you have to calibrate the throttle position for the first flight with these ESC's, if so what are the instructions? Second, do I need to cut the positive wire if they are going to be connected to the WKM?

2. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

I am not familiar with Wookong so I can't answer that question. Cutting doesn't sound good to me but someone else with more knowledge may be able to chime in.

As for the other question, the ESCs come ready to use. No programming is required. Your Motor control set should've included a set of instructions. Let us know if you don't have that and we can get a copy to you.

3. Rob Scribner

Rob Scribner New Member

Ya I just got my FF set today and there was no instructions with it. As for the WKM, the manual said to cut the red wire on the ESC's, I know that Quadrocopter sells a DIY kit with WKM and FF set...just curious as to what they did?

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Rob you need to follow any instructions in the WKM manuals on ESC's calibration. Most modern systems no longer require you do the ESC's individually. But depends on whatever they write down. As for the 5 volt signal if WKM doesn't want the red wire wired in rather than cut them off simply back that connecter out of the servo connector housing , fold it back and tape it off. If you ever change systems the next one might want all of three of the wires. Again whatever is spec'd in the manual is what to go with.