/dist/images/branding/favicon

Freefly M10 / RED Epic~Dragon / REDVOLT XL/ RED 3Axis Lens Control / Paralinx Arrow

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Aaron Kehoe, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Aaron Kehoe

Aaron Kehoe New Member

Ahoy-
    Has anyone set up a system using:
    Freefly M10 / RED Epic ~ Dragon / REDVOLT XL / RED 3-Axis Lens Control / Paralinx Arrow

I'm curious to hear a POV from the operator and the focus puller? Anything particularly challenging other than lifting the rig off the ground?

Cheers-

2. Lael Camak

Lael Camak Member

You nailed it. It's all in the lift.
    I have not used the Red 3 Axis system / motors, but I have used the essential identical Preston components. It works but it is all just big and heavy. As weight goes up, mobility / creativity diminishes.
    Power for the 3Axis might be a bit problematic. For hand-holding the MoVI, I prefer a belt mounted battery with one cable running over my shoulder for power to the Camera / lens control. A bit heavy to place power for all of this on the rig. If we are mounting the MoVI on another device (or handing the rig off to another operator) then I mount my battery on a plate on the handles.
    For various setups I greatly depend on the RedRock power pack as a power distribution system to power camera, lens control, and wireless video. Be sure to bend your knees. Good luck!

3. Aaron Kehoe

Aaron Kehoe New Member

Haha- like minded- thanks for the feedback Lael.
    Just after posting this question, I thought - hey, what if I got the red Battery Belt Clip, with a Red Brick, and then the Quickplate Module, for the 2pin to run the 3 axis. I pinged the red folks to see if there is any issue with powering the axis through the dsmc via the quick plate. If there aren't any the that might take some of the weight off the movi.