/dist/images/branding/favicon

For those that updated the MX20, HELP!

Discussion in 'Cinestar 8' started by Dave King, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Frustration CITY!!!!

My radio and copter are not communicating now after updating to 1.12 firmware. I updated the receiver/radio per the Quadrocopter video and all updates went through. Since the swap several things are going on with the radio after I upgraded the firmware. Can anyone confirm any of these after they did their upgrade?
    1. First thing it says when I power up the radio is fail safe setup T.B.D. Before I upgraded the firmware the first thing it did after power up was ask me if I wanted the RF on/off. Before the upgrade I never got a message about fail safe.
    2. In the Basic settings model where it used to say RF Bind it now reads module HOTT
    3. The radio used to automatically turn RF on provided I didnt' select "NO" on initial bootup. Now every time when I power down/back up I have to go into the menu setting and change it from off/on

Should DSC output be set to PPM10?

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Did you follow the binding procedure? I see #1 and #2 (but not #3), but my TX is talking just fine to my copter. I do have the option on power up to turn ON/OFF the RF. If I choose OFF then I do have to go into the menu, or just power off-on again and do it from there.

3. Dave King

Hi Steve

Thanks for the feedback, I found part of the problem (the bigger part) I reset the receiver, rebinded it and now it works if the RF is on. However the RF still needs to be set every time I power it on. I have to go into the setup and physically turn RF ON. I don't get the option on startup anymore if I want the RF on or off.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I seen to remember there was a preference for whether you want to be prompted at power on, but I can't seem to find it in the manual.

5. Dave King

I can't find it in the manual either! :rolleyes:

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hmm. I searched the manual (the PDF version) and I don't see it. I searched for "prompt" and "rf on".

I also see #1 and #2 but not #3.

Thanks
    Andy.

7. Dave King

Thanks for the responses. I'll give Quadrocopter a call tomorrow and maybe they can help.