/dist/images/branding/favicon

Follow Focus for the MOVI MR

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Katya Nelhams-Wright, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Kat:
    What kind of actual range are you getting with the Teradek? I'll be interested to hear what you think of the Paralinx Arrow too.

Andy.

2. Katya Nelhams-Wright

Hi Andy.
    Beautiful day here in London today, would have made you proud!:)
    We have an added extra on the teradek which is giving us a range of 300m+ (the added extra has been tested on the flat and gotten a range of 1km but obviously we haven't gone that far in the air and there is latency of a couple of secs) Only just picked up the paralink on Friday so haven't had a chance to test range on that one, only fired it up in the kitchen to sync it and make sure it works:)
    Kat

3. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Good setup, we tested the Paralinx arrow but was disappointed with the performance. We were getting less that 150 feet of reliable range, you have to do some strategic mounting of the unit..it seems whenever we rotated our 360 gimbal in any direction our video connection would become unstable...very frustrating. Could have been the area we were filming (full of RF) but still disappointing. I believe the guys over at Kopterworx are testing a booster for the paralinx. Send me your email, we're running a follow focus setup and I may have some suggestions for you using FF gear.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

We just finished two and half weeks of glorious wall-to-wall sunshine -- now it's cold and windy. The roses bloomed and are having second thoughts!

Not sure I quite understand, Kat -- added an extra what? Or Watt? :)

Howard's comments re: Paralinx seem to be pretty much in line with what I've been reading.

Andy.

5. Katya Nelhams-Wright

Hi Andy.
    It is a wifi range extender, I guess a bit like the one Kopterworxs are working on for the paralinx.
    Kat

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Kat:
    Oh....now I understand! :)

Andy.