/dist/images/branding/favicon

follow focus, and power etc

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Erich Roland, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Erich Roland

Erich Roland Member

Were now trying to work out these issues and I'm wondering what others have done to solve the challenges. We will likely use either the RT motion or the Red Rock Micro for FF wireless as the receivers are small. For power normally we would use Anton Bauer Dionic to power all Aks needs but on this rig its important to keep it all as lite as possible. I'm wondering if the same Batteries used to power the Movi can be adapted to power the wireless receiver and focus motor. Any clever engineer types know if its enough gas to do the job, and if so how long it would last?

Quadpower 6200 batts
    Capacity: 6200+ mAh
    • Voltage: 14.8V (4S)

This would be awesome if these could work as they are small lite-weight and the same as needed for the rig. Then its just a matter of connectors. The next issue is having someone make super lite weight and plyable cables to bridge the gap over moving Movi axis's as to minimize influence on the movement. Ideally maybe just twisted pairs to carry the power from the frame to the receiver on the camera, then the normal cables to the motors.

How about wireless video monitoring, paralinx arrow for size?

what are you guys doing?

2. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

ok which camera are u using?

3. Erich Roland

Erich Roland Member

its a rental, so all camera's that clients may want to use. I realize that with different cameras there could be possibly some on-board solutions like a "power out" that may help with a particular camera via a 4 pin hirose for instance on a F5.

4. Ben Huddleston

Sadly, the F5 and 55 are a no-go at the moment. The body is too deep to balance.

However, as for powering your FF motor/base station and transmitters, the Lipo's available through Freefly are great for powering them. I've made my own cables for them, and it's not too difficult if you have a multi-meter and some basic soldering skills (and the knowledge to ensure you get the polarities right). The little red connectors are called JST RCY connectors and are very easy to work with. I bought 10 packs of this:

http://www.karlssonrobotics.com/car...e-set-2-pin/?gclid=CMSom9vPoboCFUjZQgod928AmA

I've soldered the Hirose and Lemo connectors too, but those are a little trickier.

5. Justin Marx

Justin Marx Active Member

Ptap seems like the most universal connector.

RT motion has a hirose to ptap
    The. You can get the Freefly: ptap to lipo connector.

I've used it with my rtmotion and have had not problems.. It's barely drains it at all.
    If you want to buy the ptap Multi, you can power a bunch of things off of one lipo.

image.jpg image.jpg

6. Justin Marx

7. Mike Sutton

Mike Sutton Member

I am adding 4-28V to 12V DC regulators to all my M10 power cables

8. Justin Marx

Mike can you explain that in more detail?

9. Mike Sutton

Mike Sutton Member

Sure. Adding 4-28V to 12V regulator which will go between the battery to the accessories so they are protected. Freefly batts are approx 15-13Volts. A lot of gear is very specific not to go over 12V. This is some added protection.

10. Erich Roland

Erich Roland Member

I'm interested in this ability also. Can anyone post a link to a voltage regulator that specs correctly for a Movi battery 13-16v, with an ouput to match a paralinx power requirments which is 5v. Small and lite ideally just wired into a bare end cable out each end.

11. Chris Fox

Chris Fox Active Member

12. Erich Roland

Erich Roland Member

cool, thanks much!

13. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

If you buy the Castle BEC and want to change the voltage to something other than the default 5.1 volts you will need to get a programming 'dongle' from Castle.

14. Norbert Marchadesch

Norbert Marchadesch New Member

Hi Justin,

Where did you get the jst 2 pin to Dtap female cable?

15. Justin Marx

Freefly store.