/dist/images/branding/favicon

Focus and exposure lock

Discussion in 'Movi Technical' started by Kevin P Riley, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Kevin P Riley

Kevin P Riley Active Member

I have seen a thread about focus and exposure being locked together, but can't seem to find exactly how to lock my focus. I click the center button and that unlocks the focus and exposure....but how do I actually focus? Do I just put the cross hairs on what I want to focus on and then lock it back? Am I supposed to tap the screen as I would in the iPhone app? I looked but I can't see where that is explained.

2. Steve Huether

Steve Huether Member

As far as I've figured out, so far we can't manually adjust focus. As you are doing, put crosshairs on what you want to focus on, let it autofocus, then lock is the closest method I've found. I do hope they add manual focus adjustment as well as independent focus and exposure adjustment.

3. Simon Hughes

Simon Hughes Member

Does anyone know if the Up/Down buttons adjust by 1/3EV stops? Hoping so, as I virtually always shoot at -2/3EV.

4. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

• TL;DR - no
    • Current behavior: After you lock exposure, maximum of the slider increments the exposure by a third of the maximum supported exposure bias of the iPhone model, in EV units.
    • I do agree it would be more functional if it was adjusted always by 1/3 EV stops. Feel free to submit a feature request!