/dist/images/branding/favicon

Foam insert size??? M5

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by James Drescher, Apr 12, 2014.

1. James Drescher

James Drescher New Member

Can anyone tell me what size the foam insert that ships with the M5 is? I am looking to use it in a pelican case I already own. It is the 1560 roller .

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

3. David Cooper

David Cooper Member

I have it at 20 1/2 x 19 1/2 x 2 1/2 when it's lying down without the handle. Handle needs more space.

James Drescher likes this.
  4. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

5. AlexBahena

AlexBahena New Member

Has anyone packed the M5 into a pelican/storm case? If so, can you post a pic and the model size?
    I have a large Storm and I want to buy one a bit smaller to fit the M5.

6. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

I packed it into the case I just mentioned above. The Storm im2875. I took the foam that came in the Movi shipped box, and placed it between 2 layers of the pick and pluck foam. The accessories go in the bottom right corner with some foam around it and then i have one more entire layer to store other gear. I have put two tripods, or a remote in the upper layer for transport. The Movi packs as it came shipped. I only have to remove the middle handle and then lay it flat in the case. The stand does not fight nicely in the box. I transport the stand collapsed also in the foam it came with.

I can try to post photos tonight of my setup when I got home. It was the largest case I could get for domestic US checked bags.

7. James Drescher

Anyone know the size of the actual M5 with the top handle on? (Laying Flat) I am looking at the pelican storm 2950 and I would like enough room to house the remote and a few extra cords and etc. I still have a few weeks until my M5 arrives, so any insight would be much appreciated.

http://www.adorama.com/STCIM2950BKF.html

8. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

20 inches from the tip of the tilt motor to the top of the handle mount.

9. James Drescher

20x20??? How long is the handle? Thanks for the help

10. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

20x18.5 Doesn't look like the storm will work since you would still want another inch or so on each side (22x20.5) for padding. But with the quick release it would easy to take off the handle. I con't have a measurement with the quick release model.

11. James Drescher

Thanks for the help Gary.

12. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

Here is how I transported my M5.
    M5 in case.jpg
    Right now I have the remote in the top layer and quite a bit of extra space. There is a layer of foam between the remote and the bottom layer.

When flying recently I had the top layer holding two tripods on a diagonal, and the stand packed with foam separating the pieces. Everything transported without issue. The foam around the M5 itself is the same foam taken from the box it came in. There is a full layer of pick and pluck foam beneath it and then an even smaller layer of foam the case came with. I had to pluck out a bit to make room for the camera plates.

When I arrived at destination I removed the stand and tripods from the case and transported the it without those inside. Setup on location was pretty quick. The only part I had to take off was the middle handle.

Attached Files:

Eric Corpus and James Drescher like this.