/dist/images/branding/favicon

Flying my MōVI on an old crane

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Steve Maller, May 21, 2016.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

This is going to be fun! I had an old Glidecam Camcrane laying around that I had bought from a guy off Craigslist years ago, but I've never used because without proper camera control it seemed pointless. But a few weeks ago I was straightening up my studio and I had a good look at it, and had an idea. Without any additional hardware besides a Toad in the Hole quick-release mount, I was able to get my MōVI M5 attached, balanced, and operational, and the results are pretty awesome. It’s a two-person operation, and gives me some truly gorgeous camera movements. Here's the first test shots in my studio, then a shot of it working at a gig this week. I'm using the GH4 on it right now.

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  2. Steve Maller

Here's some "real" footage from the crane.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Interesting idea, Steve.
    Lot of wind noise on the real footage? No dead cat?

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

4. Steve Maller

I was running audio from another camera with a properly muffled Sennheiser shotgun, plus the MC had my SM58 running into my PA, which had a field recorder on it, too. The audio actually came out quite nicely. :)