/dist/images/branding/favicon

Fly the Alta from a moving car/boat for longer reach - dynamic home point?

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Eirik Nicolai Heim, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Eirik Nicolai Heim

Hi,

Just curios what happens if you fly the Alta from a car following another car for longer segments. Will the drone eventually return to home when it is to far a way from the original home point? I have done this from a boat with a DJI phantom and then I updated the home point when flying for security.

Sorry if this is covered in the manual or somewhere in the forum. I tried to look it up.

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Eirik: See page 64 of the ALTA 6 Rev. C 03 manual (page 68 for the ALTA 8):

RANGE

Range sets the maximum distance ALTA may fly away from the home point while in Position mode. If the range is exceeded in Manual mode, the status light will illuminate white. ​

In manual mode, this limitation does not apply.

Andy

3. Eirik Nicolai Heim

Thank you Andy! I guess that range is only then for position, not both height hold and fully manual.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Right -- just horizontal distance from home in Position Hold. I can see the logic to it, and, of course, as you say, in Manual Mode, the sky's the limit (well, see my trademark below...)

Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

Roberto Garcia likes this.