/dist/images/branding/favicon

Flight over a very somber memorial

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Steve Maller, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

In the Northern California suburb of Lafayette stands an extraordinary monument to the thousands of American men and women who lost their lives in the Iraq war. It is a very somber place, and I wanted to find a way to portray it in a novel way. So I made a short flight over it with my Cinestar and GH3. I hope you take the time to do something once you watch this. Thank you.

2. Jason Herring

Jason Herring Member

Wow, very well done , Steve

Steve Maller likes this.
  3. Chris Daidone

Chris Daidone Member

Thanks Steve. As a veteran myself I can really appreciate that. I am the founder of a not for profit organization called The Definition Of Sacrifice. I am on track to visit that side of the country to interview some of my fellow comrads for DOS. I will definitely have to make a point to go there. Thanks again!

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

You’re welcome. It’s definitely worth a visit. A very moving place. Especially in the context of an ordinary suburban commuter train station. If you’re in San Francisco, you can hop on the BART and get off the train at the Lafayette station, and it’s right there.

5. Chris Daidone

Chris Daidone Member