/dist/images/branding/favicon

FIZ issue with redrock motors

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Lucas Ruyssen, May 30, 2017.

1. Aaron Marquette

Thanks Graham- I tried the newest beta firmwares today. They are pretty buggy on my end:
    Motor selection doesn't work & Motors still won't calibrate to name a few...
    I have a big job coming up next week so I will certainly revert. (Last time I used a beta on set was in February when a DP really wanted to use the MIMIC but every time we switched it on, MPro spun to a new front position hitting the ring. Issue resolved now but what an embarrassing MIMIC debut!)

The other MPro & MIMIC Pro are on the latest Beta firmwares.
    Yes! The Freefly motor cables and RedRock Torque motor worked on 7/16/2017 for one brief test but haven't worked in 3 tests since. I tried updating firmwares on Pro & Mimic, rebooting & reinstalling firmwares then the current betas. No dice. Thanks for your time, Deniz!

2. Josh Park

Josh Park Member

I haven't - no one around that owns such system nearby. I will get a chance to visit a local rental house tomorrow to test it out.

So far, as far as my tests go today, I found the following -
    1. Motor doesn't get hot at all - almost as if it doesn't receive any power.
    2. I tried reverting the firmware back - still didn't make a difference.
    3. Mimic Pro binded nicely. FIZ just doesn't want to work anymore for some reason.

I'll test with other motors tomorrow to see how it works out. If this doesn't fix any of my issues, I really might have to just call it quits with internal FIZ and go with other follow focus systems which saddens me greatly since I really do love the Bush Pilot focus system.
    ////
    **Update
    I tested with Heden 21 motor and 1st generation Redrock motor. I can confirm that it's my Torque motor that's dead. I might have to ask Redrock and see if I can upgrade to their SLS motor instead. This Torque motor has been too unreliable.

#22 Josh Park, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017