/dist/images/branding/favicon

Firmware update from 1.2 to 1.3

Discussion in 'MōVI Pro' started by Alasdair McBroom, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Alasdair McBroom

Alasdair McBroom New Member

HI

I can't seem to get the Movi Pro to update from 1.2 to 1.3. I'm running the latest app on an iphone 7 running ios11. Any help?

Thanks

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Alasdair I seem to remember a post about ios11. May not yet be supported. But to confirm send a ticket to support@freeflysystems.com

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Can you be more specific? Does the app offer the update? Does the update start? Does the update fail?

Usually I have to let the update fail a few times before it finally takes it, but I keep thinking that's because it does it in stages. Could be wrong, but every time I've updated the Movi Pro, I've gotten the 'Oh No! Update Failed' signal multiple times before it worked.

It could be iOS 11 related, but hard to know what your problem is. Maybe you can describe it in more detail, or make a video?

IMG_1052.jpg

4. Deniz Ozgoren

Deniz Ozgoren Support Mage
    Staff Member

I have confirmed that iOS 11 brought some bluetooth issues, which causes MōVI/MIMIC to disconnect about every ~3 minutes, which interrupts the firmware update. Apple usually releases bugfixes within first month of new iOS releases. Meanwhile we are working on a solution.

5. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

Update: We got a solution. With the next release (v1.4), you'll be able to update Bluetooth firmware of your MōVI/MIMIC (takes about a minute). This will fix all connection issues and firmware update issues that was introduced with iOS 11.

GavinAsh and Graham Futerfas like this.
  6. GavinAsh

GavinAsh New Member

So the solution is just hold out for the next Freefly release, v1.4? Any ideas when that will be out?

7. Deniz Ozgoren

Staff Member

Its out! freeflysystems.com/beta